Expectant mothers are entitled to maternity benefits under the Social Security System (SSS), which can provide financial assistance during pregnancy and childbirth. The SSS maternity benefit is a significant amount that can go a long way in easing the financial burden that comes with having a baby. In this blog post, we will provide you with a complete guide on how to avail the 70k SSS Maternity Benefit in the Philippines. This benefit can cover up to 105 days of maternity leave and a maximum amount of Php 70,000, depending on your average monthly salary credit. We will guide you through the eligibility requirements, the documents you need to submit, and the step-by-step process for claiming the benefit. By following this guide, you can ensure that you are taking advantage of the SSS maternity benefit and receiving the financial support you need during this important time in your life.
If you are a pregnant woman in the Philippines who is a member of the Social Security System (SSS), you may be eligible for a maternity benefit of up to PHP 70,000. Here is a complete guide on how to avail the 70k SSS maternity benefits:
- Check your eligibility: You must have paid at least three monthly contributions within the 12-month period immediately preceding the semester of your childbirth or miscarriage to qualify for SSS maternity benefits.
- Notify your employer: You must notify your employer of your pregnancy and expected date of delivery at least 60 days before your delivery date.
- Prepare your requirements: You will need to prepare the following requirements:
- SSS Maternity Notification Form (Mat-1)
- SSS Maternity Reimbursement Form (Mat-2)
- Your ID and the IDs of your beneficiaries
- Your ultrasound or prenatal record
- Your birth certificate or marriage certificate (if applicable)
- Submit your Mat-1 form: Submit your Mat-1 form to your employer or directly to the SSS at least 60 days before your expected date of delivery. Make sure to get a copy of your stamped and approved Mat-1 form.
- Give birth: Give birth on your expected date of delivery or within the approved period of your maternity leave.
- File your claim: After giving birth, submit your Mat-2 form and other requirements to the SSS within 10 years from the date of delivery. You can file your claim online through the SSS website or at any SSS branch.
- Wait for approval and receive your benefit: Once your claim has been approved, your SSS maternity benefit will be credited to your bank account or sent to you through a check. If your employer advanced your maternity benefit, your employer will be reimbursed by the SSS.
It is important to note that the 70k SSS maternity benefit is subject to a monthly salary credit limit and a maximum benefit amount. The current maximum daily maternity benefit is PHP 500 per day. If your daily maternity allowance exceeds this amount, your benefit will be reduced to the maximum amount.
By following these simple steps and preparing the necessary requirements, you can easily avail the 70k SSS maternity benefit in the Philippines. Make sure to notify your employer, submit your Mat-1 form, give birth within the approved period, and file your claim to receive your benefit.